We are looking for one fully vaccinated non smoker to live with us at Plum Place in Martinez starting in May 2022 or later. We strive to create an inviting, peaceful, supportive, warm, and calm home that keeps everyone physically and psychologically safe during this difficult season of change. We’re trying to combine an affordable way of living in the expensive San Francisco Bay Area with a community style of living. If you are looking for a home with a natural and peaceful feel with nice women who are trustworthy, but also have their own lives and respect each other's privacy, then this place is for you. It's a quiet sanctuary to recharge, get settled, and use as a restful base for this, at times, chaotic experience we call life. Shared housing experience is a bonus. ☺️ ✨
About the house:
10’ X 10’ bedroom - $830/month (available on 5/2/2022 or later)
Security alarm system
Stainless steel appliances
Convenient, safe street parking
Central heat and air conditioning
Cozy dining area with natural light
Reverse osmosis water system in kitchen
Considerate, caring and thoughtful neighbors
QUIET neighborhood, so you can sleep peacefully
Share one bathroom with one woman and guests
Modern washer and dryer located inside the house
Two refrigerators inside the house (kitchen and garage)
Electric range, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave
Large covered backyard deck overlooking lovely garden
Spacious light-flooded living room with multiple windows
Mature landscaping and fruit trees (peaches, plums, lemons, cherries)
Bedroom comes with a twin-size bed, rug, desk, chair, dresser, floor lamp, full-length mirror, and closet organizer (if you have your own bed, the twin-size bed can be removed)
Only seven minutes by car to downtown Martinez and Amtrak station
Only 12 minutes by car to the North Concord/Martinez BART station
Only 14 minutes by car to Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill, CA
16 minutes by car to Walnut Creek, 18 minutes to Lafayette, 20 minutes to Orinda
1. 12 month lease; first month’s rent plus $1,500 security deposit required
2. Nonrefundable application fee of $35 (cost for background, criminal, and credit report/score)
3. Income, background, criminal, and credit check, 3 months pay stubs, 3 months bank statements
4. One cat may be allowed with an additional $300 pet deposit plus $50/month pet rent (sorry, no dogs due to my two guinea pigs who are afraid of dogs)
5. All utilities (except for water, gas and electricity) are included in rent. Wifi, garbage, sewer, gardening, landscaping, reverse osmosis water, alarm system, and pest control included in rent. Average utility bill per person is $75 - $95/month, depending on season and everyone’s usage. Water bill discount for women who have had one or two COVID booster shots during the first six months of the lease.
We are a household of positive, friendly, light-hearted women seeking a third fully vaccinated non smoker who will contribute to the safe, warm and comfortable energy we’ve created in our home. It’s important to us that our home feels like home for everyone in the space. Cleanliness, adhering to COVID-19 safety precautions and self-awareness are a huge part of that. We are eco-conscious (recycling, turning lights off when a room is not in use, conserving electricity and water, etc. is a must).
We’re looking for someone who is positive, respectful, friendly, easy-going, reliable, can pay rent and the utility bills on time, and practices social distancing/COVID-19 safety precautions. Shelter in place has laid bare the importance of creating a community where we live so we’re looking for someone who has an interest/experience living in shared or communal housing. We’re looking for someone who treats this as our collective home and not as a crash pad, someone who wants to put down roots in a safe, stable and peaceful home situation. We’re not a commune, co-op or co-housing, but there is definitely a sense of “household” and “home.” We prefer someone who is social, but is well past her partying days. We’re looking for a positive person who is mindful of shared spaces and keeps common areas clean without needing to be asked. Good housekeeping, grownup communication skills and a positive personality are an absolute must. No smoking, drugs, vaping or excessive drinking allowed. We prefer chemically scent-free or mostly scent-free. We all share in the cleaning responsibilities of our home. Although we are not OCD about things, having a very high level of cleanliness is absolutely necessary. Everyone is expected to clean up after themselves and leave the common areas neat and clean at all times. We always leave things clean and as well-ordered as we found them. Being familiar with composting and separating recycling correctly is important. We don't care if you're a morning person or a night owl, as long as you're respectful and quiet.
It is extremely important to live with someone who is fully vaccinated against COVID and takes necessary precautions with COVID-19 to keep herself and others safe. Both of us are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and I have had two booster shots. We are trying to find a good balance of being careful, without being overly anxious and paranoid. Everyone is very COVID-concious, and we all wear face masks whenever we leave the house. Our rules are evolving as we keep up on the latest CDC recommendations and safety protocols and adapt as needed. We would want to chat with you about your COVID-19 safety practices. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we do not allow any overnight guests to make sure all housemates feel safe in our home.
While we are not a scent-free house, we do prefer light/natural scents, and use mostly natural cleaning products, but not necessarily natural shampoos/soaps. Lease ends at the end of the 12-month lease and one month’s written notice is required before moving out.
About Plum Place:
Plum Place is the perfect balance of women who are clean and considerate, while still having fun and practicing safe COVID-19 protocol. Our home environment is positive and safe, and we communicate kindly and with respect. Plum Place is an intentional household and we are all conscious and empathetic to one another's feelings and boundaries. Our household values include generosity, open and direct communication, and positive energy. We treat each other as family - we gravitate toward connection, value regular social interaction, and we care for each other. We value transparent, trusting, respectful, and open communication to make the safest decisions possible and we respect everyone’s needs. Quiet hours are 9 pm to 7 am. Plum Place is a well-maintained, safe, positive, peaceful, drama-free, drug-free, and smoke-free home for someone who wants peace at the end of the day as well as a quiet place to study and/or work. We enjoy living room movie nights on Fridays, Saturday morning hikes at Mount Wanda or Briones, and every other Sunday, we visit the Farmers Market in Martinez.
Martinez is known as a small town with a big heart! Downtown Martinez is undergoing a revitalization while preserving the historic value of the community. Enjoy antique shops, darling boutiques and lots of dining options close by your home. Made famous by baseball player "Joltin'" Joe DiMaggio, Martinez is a safe, family-oriented small city of 36,000 on the banks of the Carquinez Strait. First settled as a trading post in 1849, Martinez is one of the oldest cities in California. The gold rush, shipping, and railroad booms brought prosperity to this town at the gateway to the Delta. Mediterranean-, contemporary-, and traditional-styled homes in the city are situated on expansive lots of land. The tree-lined streets of downtown Martinez's shopping district, a popular destination, retain their charm. Today the vibe is low-key, relaxed, and friendly, with a weekly Sunday farmers market and a bounty of shopping and dining.
If you think you'd be a good fit for Plum Place, please tell us about yourself.
- What is your name and age? Please share social media links.
- What is your personal email address and cellphone number?
- What are your housemate expectations? Please describe your relationship with cleanliness and your habits around it.
- What is your current living situation and why are you looking for a new home?
- How will you pay for rent? What do you do for work? Do you work from home?
- Are you able to fulfill the 1-year commitment? What is your preferred move-in date?
- Do you have a boyfriend? How often would you like him to visit (sorry, we do not allow any overnight visits)?
- How would you describe your communication style and how do you prefer to deal with conflict?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for Plum Place and what attracts you to joining our home?
- What kind of furniture do you own? The room is fully furnished and can fit a twin size or full size bed. The twin-size bed can be removed if you already own a bed.
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID? Have you had at least one booster shot? To protect everyone’s safety, we prefer to live with fully vaccinated women.
If you have PLUM-like qualities (Positive, Light-hearted, Understanding, and Mature), please respond to the questions above and include your personal email address and cellphone number so we can connect! We look forward to hearing about you, and wish you much luck in your housing search.
I love hiking and biking. I am a sociable introvert who is very generous, respectful, and responsible. I love living in a very clean, neat and beautiful home.